I love intimate weddings, they offer something for everyone but with a twist. Just days after Thanksgiving Bridget and Aaron said their I Do’s at Alba in the heart of historic Quincy center. It had rained for days and we weren’t hopeful but in honor of their nuptials the clouds parted and the sun bathed the streets making for gorgeous light to capture a couple so in love. Their wedding had it all, relatives from near and far, the groom’s father performing the ceremony and the most delicious smelling brunch you could ask for.
A couple of months ago a friend came to me with a request, would I show up and photograph a proposal? Well of course! But tell no one, not even the groom-to-be, Dave, knows you’re coming! So last night under a soft moonlit sky, family and friends gathered to make this a romantic night to remember. The soon to be “bride to be”, Jackie, was walked into a courtyard lit by candles to her tux wearing boyfriend, her parents from Colorado, a few hundred rose petals and the tune of Bob Marly’s No Woman No Cry.
To be part of such an intimate and memorable moment was by far one of the best experiences I’ve had thus far as a photographer and made all the more special as it was also someone I knew. Dave went on later in the evening to say how they met and recalled their first date and how even back then he knew he couldn’t let Jackie get away. The love these two share was written all over their faces through the course of the evening as their private proposal turned into a surprise birthday party for Jackie too. Just how many surprises in an evening can one girl take!
I’d like to say thank you to David and Jackie for letting me be a part of their very special moment and I wish them all the best in their journey!
- Connection and Social Media April 17, 2020
- Following your Passion | 2019 December 18, 2019
- Missi Jackson | Faces Who Fight September 19, 2019
- A Positive Happy Photographer | From Sweden to Vegas! March 7, 2019
- The Creative Experience | Sweden September 25, 2018
- Deanna & Mike | A Yosemite Wedding September 8, 2018
- A Tribute to Stella | Faces Who Fight June 13, 2018
- Emily + Eric | Monponsett Inn Wedding May 18, 2018
- Jenna | Faces Who Fight May 8, 2018
- Salon Sublime | Rockland, MA April 16, 2018